Tamuno Atekebo is a Managing Partner of the Firm. He also heads the Firm’s Corporate and Commercial Group. Tamuno has outstanding experience in Commercial and Corporate Law and Practice and Project Finance.
He has advised local and foreign financial institutions and project promoters in several multimillion-dollar credit syndicated financing and acquisition transactions, real estate transactions, corporate restructuring, capital markets and foreign investment.
Tamuno has advised and represented various clients in several notable project finance, capital markets, and infrastructure transactions which include:
- A multimillion-dollar reserve base facility taken by an oil and gas company subsidiary.
- A multimillion-dollar facility granted by the United States International Development Finance Corporation to an off-grid mobile electricity solution provider.
- A merger of a mortgage bank with another mortgage company, the resulting entity, post-merger, was the largest primary mortgage bank in Nigeria as at 2019.
- The rehabilitation, remodeling, finance, operation and transfer of a Marina Resort, (a tourist resort) under a PPP model.
- Member, Business Recovery and Insolvency Practitioners Association of Nigeria
- Member, Capital Markets Solicitors Association
- Member, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN).
- Nigerian Law School (BL)
- Rivers State University (LLB)
Co – author of the Nigerian chapter of Getting the Deal Through Publications:
- Telecoms, Media & Entertainment
- Corporate Governance
- Aviation Finance & Leasing
- Private Equity