- Your Privacy Rights
- This Policy describes your privacy rights regarding our collection, use, storage, sharing and protection of your personal information. It applies to our website at sskohn.com and all database, applications, services, tools and physical contact with us, regardless of how you access or use them.
- If you have created a username, identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our access security measures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party.
- We reserve the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of this Policy.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you know your security details, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You accept this Policy when you give consent upon access to our website, or use our services, content, features, technologies or functions offered on our website, digital platforms or visit any of our offices for official or non-official purposes (collectively known as “Our Services”). This Policy governs the use of Our Services, unless otherwise agreed through a written contract. We may amend this Policy at any time by posting a revised version on our website or placing such notice at conspicuous points at our office facilities. The revised version will be effective 7 days after publication.
3. Your Personal Information
- When you use Our Services, we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other electronic access device. The automatically collected information includes but is not limited to data about the pages you access, computer IP address, device ID or unique identifier, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, mobile network information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, standard web log data, still and moving images.
- We may also collect information you provide us including but not limited to- information on web form, survey responses account update information, email address, phone number, organisation you represent, official position, correspondence with our support services, and telecommunication with us. We may also collect information about your transactions, enquiries and your activities on our website or premises. We may also use information provided by third parties like social media sites. Information about you provided by other sites are not controlled by SSKÖHN and we are, therefore, not liable for how such third parties use your information.
4. What we do with your personal information
- The purpose of our collecting your personal information is to give you efficient, enjoyable and secure service. We may use your information to:
- provide Our Services and support;
- process applications and send notices about your transactions to requisite parties;
- verify your identity;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- detect, prevent or remediate violation of laws, regulations, standards, guidelines and frameworks;
- improve Our Services by implementing aggregate customer or user preferences;
- measure the performance of Our Services and improve content, technology and layout;
- track information breach and remediate such identified breaches; or
- contact you at any time through your provided telephone number, email address or other contact details.
- How we protect your personal information
We store and process your personal information on our computers in Nigeria. Where we need to transfer your data to another country, such country must have an adequate data protection law. We will seek your consent where we need to send your data to a country without an adequate data protection law. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorization controls.
- How we share your information within Streamsowers & Köhn and with Other Users
- During your interaction with our website or premises, we may provide other Ministries, Departments, Agencies (MDA), other organs of government, private sector operators performing government functions, with information such as your name, contact details, or other details you provide us for the purpose of performing our statutory mandate to you or third parties.
- In circumstances where we work with third parties, especially government agencies to perform Our Services and implement its mandate, a third party may share information about you with us, such as your email address or mobile phone number.
- You accept that your pictures and testimonials on all social media platforms about Us can be used for limited promotional purposes by us. This does not include your trademark or copyrighted materials.
- From time to time we may send you relevant information such as news items, marketing materials, legal/regulatory updates, and articles. We may also share your personal information in compliance with national or international laws; crime prevention and risk management agencies and service providers.
- We will always hold your information securely. To prevent unauthorised access to your information, we have implemented strong controls and security safeguards at the technical and operational levels. Our website uses Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) to ensure secure transmission of your personal data. You should see the padlock symbol in your URL address bar once you are successfully logged into the platform. The URL address will also start with https:// depicting a secure webpage. SSL applies encryption between two points such as your PC and the connecting server. Any data transmitted during the session will be encrypted before transmission and decrypted at the receiving end. This is to ensure that data cannot be read during transmission.
- We have also taken measures to comply with reasonable and adequate security measures appropriate in the circumstance. Therefore, we have put in place digital and physical security measures to limit or eliminate possibilities of data privacy breach incidents.
- Data Confidentiality Rights
Your information is regarded as confidential and will not be divulged to any third party, except under legal and/or regulatory conditions and/or in compliance with extant laws. You have the right to request sight of, and copies of any and all information we keep on you, if such requests are made in compliance with the Freedom of Information Act and other relevant enactments. While we are responsible for safeguarding the information entrusted to us, your role in fulfilling confidentiality duties includes, but is not limited to, adopting and enforcing appropriate security measures such as non-sharing of passwords and other platform login details, adherence with physical security protocols on our premises, dealing with only authorised officers of the Agency.
10. Links to Other Websites and Premises
- Certain other websites or digital platforms may require links to other websites or organisations other than ours. Please note that we are not responsible and have no control over websites outside our domain. We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites which are linked from our website or media platforms.
- Opinions expressed or materials appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us, and we should not be regarded as the publisher of, or having editorial control over such opinions or materials.
- Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content of these sites.
- We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site, and to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to our site or which you accessed through our site by yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them.
- We will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
- Governing Law
This Policy is made pursuant to the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation 2019 and other relevant Nigerian laws, regulations or international conventions applicable to Nigeria. Where any provision of this Policy is deemed inconsistent with a law, regulation or convention, such provision shall be subject to the overriding law, regulation or convention.