Chiagozie heads the Firm’s Energy and Natural Resources and Legislative Advocacy Practice Groups. He has dealt extensively on issues of Oil and Gas Laws, Environmental Law, Mining Law, Corporate Law, General Commercial Law, Construction Law and Taxation. He advises both foreign and Nigerian companies on navigating the commercial, financial and regulatory challenges faced in the acquisition of oil and gas assets in Nigeria.
Chiagozie has advised and represented various clients in the oil and gas sector as the lead in several notable energy transactions which include:
- An acquisition of an oil and gas company which held a participating interest in OML 40, by an indigenous oil and gas company for approximately £382 million.
- A Gas Sale and Purchase Agreement (GSPA) for the supply of natural gas to a polymer manufacturing facility.
- The proposed acquisition of participating interest in a marginal field excised from an oil mining lease for over a million dollars.
- The N213 billion Nigerian Electricity Market Stabilization Facility, an intervention fund established to resolve liquidity issues in the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry by settling outstanding legacy gas debts among other measures.
- Member, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK)
- Member, Section on Energy and Natural Resources Law of the International Bar Association
- University of Dundee (PGD)
- Nigerian Law School (BL)
- University of Cambridge, (MA)
- Co-Author: Alternative Energy and Power 2021 in Nigeria published by Chambers and Partners
- Co – author of the Nigerian chapter on Energy published on International Law Office (ILO)
- Minister’s Power under Petroleum Industry Bill 2020
- PIB 2020 and Ministerial Consent for assignments, novations and changes of control
- New Bill seeks to align Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act with industry best practice
- Local Content Development and Enforcement Bill 2020 undergoes second reading